View Single Post
Why do I constantly bash Google all the time?

My post below is far from flawless (made it up within 3 minutes), but it explains why I'm strongly against monopolists like Google (and earlier Microsoft).

"If you read this, do you know why I'm *****ing about Google? Because I know a huge number of uninformed people visits the forums, and Google needs to be stopped. I could argue about this, but I prefer to do other things instead.

But I have time to make Google look bad for the vast majority, and if you don't understand why this is needed, you'll either thank me in the future (if not too late), or you're simply dependent on Google already.

IBM, Microsoft, Intel, Apple... this has happened too many times. Google has already surpassed the most of them, and yet they're considered as nice.

I'm partly doing this for myself, because I don't want to live in a second communistic regime (you obviously don't know how it is... ask people who have experienced something like that), and I'm doing others a favor at the same time (I guess they have the same feelings about communism as I do, just not being aware of it).

And please, don't say that Google isn't a threat for the human freedom. Google Books has created a huge unwill of writing for European authors, and this is one of Google's "nicer" services. And yet no one does anything about it...

I know I can't do anything as a single person, but at least I decided to let others know...

Please answer on the following question, and then I can discuss further, because I know how strong relations some people already have with Google.

Do you consider that evolution can happen without alternatives?

The evolution theory is just a model, but that model can describe many phenomenon around the world, and the tech world isn't an exception. Google is slowly but steadily gaining monopoly on every single market (except Windows to be replaced by Chrome OS within 10 years if attraction against Google won't be done), and that can't certainly be good for the future of the human kind, right!?

Please reply what you think about that, and don't say that this is fantasy or something else: this is the reality - a reality which I don't want to be part of. I don't know how it's about you, at least I'm doing something to change it.

I can't do much, but it's better than nothing. At least I'm not defending a company that doesn't need it.

Since I joined here last month you obviously don't know much about me, but I did the same thing against Microsoft's Windows services some years ago - which isn't a threat anymore. In my opinion, Google is the one we must focus on right now, or who else has the highest priority according to you (because there's always some evil in this world)?"

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post: