View Single Post
I recommend taking a backup of the device before trying anything I suggest here I do not take any responsibility if you manage to break your device into a state that it needs to be reflashed...

I had this error when my rootfs was full, but there was also a bug in the database component some time ago which caused this to appear. I think it was reported, had a workaround posted and fixed eventually. https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10418

But to the point...

There are four possible reasons for the annoying error message:

- /home partition is full (you need to uninstall some apps, especially if you have several custom themes installed, these hog up space real fast)
- rootfs is full (instructions have been posted several times on the thread)
- Database is corrupt and you have an old image (older than PR1.2).. or it could be that this happens just after installing PR1.2 image and you got old database. You will lose all your messages with this, but it should get rid of the error:
Code:
#Open terminal
#Create a backup dir with your messages and such in it
mkdir /home/user/rtcom-eventlogger-backup
#copy the files over to backup dir
cp -a /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/* /home/user/rtcom-eventlogger-backup
#check the copy was done right, should contain files like el.db
ls /home/user/rtcom-eventlogger-backup
#remove files from the database dir
rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/*
reboot
- Backup dir is used just in case if this doesn't help, so you can still restore your messages. If this didn't help, go copy the files from the backup dir back:
Code:
#Open terminal
#Copy the files back
cp -a /home/user/rtcom-eventlogger-backup/* /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
- eMMC is corrupt (eMMC reflash helps sometimes, else you need to take your phone for maintenance)

I do not recall if this is related, but sometimes the browser breaks up messaging app, workaround is to clean up messaging specific browser files (they will be recreated). If I recall right this was related to messages not showing at all in the views though... Be careful with the remove command! Check that you really are removing files just under /home/user/.mozilla/rtcom directory

Also see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11456

Code:
#Open terminal
#Remove messaging browser specific files.
#NOTE:
#Check that the command is written right. Any spaces in the path will make the
#command remove things that you don't want to remove
rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/rtcom/*
reboot
I can't stress enough, please be very careful when trying these.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikaN For This Useful Post: