View Single Post
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
i was just thinking C++ , becuase after checking out the Qt tutorials mentioned above they said "we assume you know C++" so i thought to myself: "that would be a good way to start" ^^ but i'll check out those books & those websites.

Edit:

The thing about those online universitys is that this seems to be US time & i'm german so i might not be able to follow every lesson... idf i could reread them and try to learn at my own speed, that would be better, you know ?
They are a series of video lectures each week followed by some homework which you can complete at any time up to the deadline. They are considerate of their international students and you'll have the whole week to fit it in at a time that suits you. Sign up and try them out, you've nothing to lose but a bit of your time and you can drop one or both if you don't find them useful. I don't know what these ones will be like, but I've done a few of these online courses and they've been pretty good except for the Software as a Service one (but I only signed up for it because the ones I wanted were delayed). I did the Machine Learning (which is being offered again next week through Coursera) the first time it was offered last October and can recommend that, there is a bit of programming involved, but nothing I found difficult.

If you really want to start with C++ thats up to you, it might work for you, but there are also Qt libraries for Python which is generally considered a better language for beginners, not that I'm an expert, I've never really got very far whatever I've tried, I tend to lose motivation after doing the basics, but I'm hoping these online courses will push me to a useful level.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: