View Single Post
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I will likely be in the same boat soon - even though I think it is a mistake that Jolla does not want to update the Xperia X baseport (even due to all the lost mindshare), I will likely get a Xperia 10 for Sailfish X early next year. Early issues with the hardware adaptation will be hopefully ironed out by then.
Right! I took the bitter pill, but do not regret it yet. SailfishOS like Linux and open source is a hobby for me so there my money goes. OTOH you will get device encryption, an upgraded kernel and SE Linux (permissive) enabled by default you name it.

Jollas decision not to waste too much manpower into legacy hardware is quite reasonable for me. New and current users can only buy the latest device from Sony, supply of old hardware is only second hand or refurbished and not a good base to attract new users who demand the latest and greatest (middle-class) phone. I also find it positiv that Jolla chooses middle-class hardware instead of a premium device. SailfishOS is not a CPU and memory hog like Android and runs fluent even on cheaper CPU / less RAM.

Let's hope that Jolla will spend the additional manpower freed from baseport 8 for Xperia X into getting the new Xperia 10 supported completely and OS bugs ironed out which will be good for all devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post: