View Single Post
Originally Posted by clort View Post
The following NEW packages will be installed:
dorian qt-platform-maemo

qt-platform-maemo is more than a small thing!

Congrats Wizzup_!

The kinetic scrolling works great. You did this?

Dorian seems to be opening ":/books/2BR02B.epub" but i can't locate that file.
The kinetic scrolling is part of Qt5, but I had to make the reader use the right widgets, and disable compositing in fullscreen mode.

The book should open, but I have seen the error about not being able to open it in a specific occasion: I ran the program as root, and then as user, later on. Then they share the same tmp space and the user cannot extract the book as it does not have the permissions to extract to the tmp space, as it is owned by root. A reboot will fix this.

UI: Clicking icons at bottom at random got me a book adding menu. This begins an 'auto scan' which never finishes on my huge filesystem before I kill the window.
I hate auto-scanning media management. But i understand other people expect that. But could you disable that?

The fullscreen mode with right and left clicking per page is GREAT! Default text size is great.
How do you right click?

• First-run would be most sensible to present a dialog asking user for the 'books' directory (which it can then scan and add to sqlite database). No auto-scan entire filesystem by default.
  • Some obvious way to exit fullscreen mode would help a lot.
  • Ctrl-Backspace works ✓ which lets me get out and kill application.

✓ Great addition to Maemo-Leste.
Most of the above is behaviour inherited from Fremantle. I've ported the application because I like it, but also because it's a good way to test our Qt5 port. The random dialogs are definitely a bug, still.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post: