View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Finally jumped in with Leste. Not so easy for me. Firstly could not boot with pc. I just could not understand the instructions. Then decided to install with device which was in stock settings. Well that wasn't easy for me either. What are the needed packages, then how to get them installed cause appmanager said no way and fapmanager did not wan't to co-operate either. Finally got packages installed and got to boot Leste (I had to first learn the dd cause never done).

Now been hassling with Leste many hours trying to install different browsers which all require github installation and installing all kind of dependencies etc. But first tried easily got browsers and Midori works but is slow. Then cutebrowser just went crazy and terminal was filled continuous error message when I tried to launch.

Then I wanted to get synaptic so that I can easily see what is needed for what. But synaptic wasn't easy to get. First had to install consolekit, then policykit-1, then synaptic, but then it didn't launch. Finally got it to launch but it asked password. Root password was not accepted and user password I did not know. Tried to change user password and it asked the current one. No go. After couple of hours trying I found a solution that worked (maybe stupid one but it worked). Create a new user, give a password, change user with su -i, log in, and then sudo synaptic and it let me in without (???) password.

Updated and searched and installed chromium and epiphany-browser and now typing with chromium in Leste. Chromium is faster than I expected, actually working really well. I think I will still install xtab and set that to aloud only one or two tabs and then edit the chrome flags. And to open and change settings is slooow, but to open webpages and scroll is fast.

I hope I will learn to do things the right way cause I think I got the system quite bloated in couple of hours while installing stuff to be able to install those other browser which I didn't in the end try, cause they need that much configuration and making and building which I don't understand. But chromium works and wifi works and now I can play with Leste. I'm in. I repeat, I'm in.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-09-11 at 19:01.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: