View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Imagine if humans would stop doing things they didn’t understand.
Feel free to take it as an advice or...

What documentation would that be?
Lol, thanks Dave......I have a habit of taking things the wrong way, just as dear coderus can be, well, a bit short at times.

The documentation for sailfish doesn't give much away, fine for those who grew up with coding, got shown, learned from their dad/brother, did it at school, they already have some roots in the subject, I don't have that under my belt.

The documentation as pointed out by velox, I have already looked, it really gives very little information, there is not even an example, which leads me to believe, if you are developing for Sailfish, it is assumed you already know your way round coding. Recently, Ancelad showed me a usage for ConfigurationGroup, okay cool, now I have to learn about dconf and keys, I know how to read/list/search dconf, I even learned how to remove/reset a dconf value but as yet, I'm not quite understanding about 'path' and setting its values, sometimes I need to be shown.

My question about the color changing rectangle was an exercise in understanding Settings, I found it easier work with a rectangle, mouse area and a bit about color, familiar ground, easy stuff. Now I have to connect ConfigGroup to my actual code, which is about changing windspeed units, from default m/s to mph/kmh/kts by tapping on the windspeed output in sailfish weather.

I lack discipline, especially when info appears to be thin on the ground...but the main thing is, I'm keen to learn about it all and I'm not going to stop doing what I'm doing despite what others think, as for reading documentation, I'm always looking at that or my device before asking questions. After all, isn't this what TMO is for?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: