View Single Post
I agree with qgil here about the name - sadly, "Mobile Linux Community device program '12" would be interpret by most people as Android-including, beyond being incredibly long and hard to remember name.

"maemo.org Summer'12 device program" is good enough, as well as "maemo.org '12 device program" (although, summer sounds positive ).
---

As for Coding Competition, I *think* (= it's just a suggestion) that it would be great to recognize multi-platform programs, i.e. ones that are (and will) be developed constantly for both Maemo 5 and Harmattan, at least.

The more platform-independent code, the better - after start of COBS, it should be even much easier to target multiple platforms, so we should already promote good practices.
---

As for Community Awards, I'm perfectly sure, that it should be restricted to people who haven't get one already.

Overall, I don't see much benefit for Community, by giving/lending someone two N950, considering their limited number - but of course, it's up to be decided by appropriate bodies. Giving away N9 to someone who already got N950 (and deserve another recognition) doesn't introduce such dilemma, IMO.
---

Now, question to qgil - what will be formal status of devices (both N950's and N9's) in hands of receivers? Are they going to be "owned", or just "lend"? does it differ between 4 categories?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!