View Single Post
I've come across and used 'multi-pairing' BT headsets before, but they never seem to work as I'm expecting to, or are intended to work in a way that's at odds with how handsets usually pair.

For example, the BH-214 is a 'multi pairing' headset, but with seemingly a single pairing at any one time - i.e. you have to switch the 214 off then back on for it to re-pair with something else. The 'switch headset' mode (holding down the call button for more than 2 secs) never seems to work.

Some of Sony's BT headsets specifically say that you can simultaneously pair a A2DP *and* HSP device to take calls from the HSP device and music playback from the A2DP device, the latter muting when the call is taken - but I've never got this to work.

What I want to do is what Sony's BT headsets claim to do - pair the N900 or another phone with the headset as a PHONE, and pair another device - e.g. the N900 again, or my SPINN - as the music device.

Is the BH-214 capable of this? Am I missing a trick? Or is there a headset (ideally jacked, so I can plug in any headphone I want) which allows me to do this?

Thanks