View Single Post
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Los Angeles
I hope that posting about a WinMo hack in this forum won't get my Maemo license taken away. I thought some of you might find this useful.

A while back I posted about how I got my N810 working with Google Voice, Gizmo and DialCentral.

Just recently, I picked up an HTC Tilt 2 (aka Touch Pro 2) from AT&T. I was going to hold out for the N900, but I didn't want to switch carriers, and couldn't wait that long for it to be released. One of my first priorities was figuring out how to make the new device integrate with Google Voice and Gizmo the way I did with my N810.

I finally got it working to my satisfaction today using the following free programs:

iDialer (Google Voice version)
iContact

Fring (configured with my Gizmo settings)

I use iDialer to originate the call through Google Voice, using my Gizmo5 account as the callback number, and Fring to answer the call.

This works on both wifi and 3G. I've tested it only on my device using Windows Mobile 6.5, but I assume it should work on earlier versions and other devices as well.

As with the N810, I posted complete instructions on my blog for anyone who's interested:
http://www.sneakyreader.com/how-to-s...tc-tilt-2-att/

BTW, I still love and use my N810.

Last edited by hornartist; 2012-01-16 at 05:09.