View Single Post
I've just reinstalled Easy Debian on my N810 and I have no sound within it. I don't know if I did before; I don't think I had any cause to test it. Is this normal?

I actually have two N810s, one running Community SSU and the other with CSSU plus Diablo Turbo. The CSSU one is running debian-n8x0-v3c.img.ext2 and the DT one is running debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 (though sound didn't work on that one with v3c either). The results are pretty much the same in both cases.

I've tried the 'debbie, xmms2d -o pulse, debbie lxmusic' initialisation but no luck. The daemon starts, lxmusic loads but clicking 'play' on the music track does nothing but throw up an error from xmms2d. Aqualung crashes out, and the various audio config tools in LXDE appear to show no audio drivers present.

I've tried to apt-get install pulseaudio and alsa (or similar, that's from memory) but that didn't help either.

Am I missing something? Does sound not work on the N810 machines? It would be great if it could be fixed. In other respects I'm very impressed with Easy Debian. It should give my N810s a few more years of useful life.

Last edited by alexc; 2011-09-07 at 03:29.