View Single Post
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I'm back, *****es!
Welcome back, *****! It's nice to see the world of ultrabooks hasn't kept you completely from us

PayPal: okay, but is a community fund necessary this time? I mean, we have 20 N950!!!!
I'm not sure it's necessary but I think it could be nice to have it again, because it's another way for the community to be involved and show appreciation. If you remember back when the first competition was started I put $50 up as the prize, and quickly folks started pm'ing me as they wanted to contribute also. We started from a small weekend competition that snowballed into something a lot bigger! So I think there may be a willingness out there to have a bounty again. We could gauge the mood when the competition starts

But even if there wasn't, there are still ways for the community to participate in prizes. Last year i sponsored a programming book for a beginners prize, the year before we had the lazer cut stands and other bits and bobs. So it doesn't always have to be cash or paypal It was just a matter of pm'ing the winners for a postal address and sending the packages out.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: