View Single Post
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by futures View Post
Would there be any issues just connecting an unmodified USB hub to your pigtail adapter? Seems like you can buy these OTG minib to female usb A adapters.. Someone suggested directron.. and I found this other link:

http://www.twstore.com/adaptors-usb.html

TIA!
No issues connecting an unmodified USB hub to my pigtail adapter. If you buy adapters on Internet it is hard to be certain they will do what you want. Many N800 owners recently bought Mini-B to Female-A USB adapters only to learn they failed to automatically trigger host mode when inserted into the N800. These people still had to gainroot in xterm and type a lengthy command because the adapter they received was missing the pin 4 and 5 connection. Also, beware of sellers saying, "compatible with USB OTG". They say that but the adapter still doesn't have the pin 4 to 5 connection. Frequently sellers don't know what they are selling....this is especially true on eBay.

Someone here on ITT posted some scripts that save you the hassle of typing the command string in xterm to configure Host Mode. That is good, but I prefer that my N800 automatically enter Host Mode when I plug my pigtail or hub into the N800.

M5