View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The old Android 2.3 phone I gave to my daughter to trash can still install apps from the same source as her tablet running Android 5.0. Sure, only a small subset of them but still. There is no equivalent single installation source for Maemo, MeeGo and now Sailfish, only fragmentation. With a big red sign saying, "Hands off, geeks only!" No wonder it was a flop. Elop did not cause it, he merely recognized it.
I believe everyone "saw it coming" in that sense; and you are right, N900 offers mainly a command line. But also a UI.

The talk about versions is a bit preposterous; it's too easy to say that now android 2.3 phones still run apps that are made for android 6.0, when the same could have happened if say Qt would have taken over the world instead of alien dalvik.. winners write history or wat

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: