View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I would say everything which helps maemo to be up to date, bug free, extend features and application should be rewarded through the coding competition.
We need only to make specific categories.
And if there is some donations for prices we could also weight the categories. For example when we also add a categorie for writing wiki pages it is less work, so less weight. But we could involve more people from the community who are no developers.

I think in general one problem we have is the amount of developers and the good developers who have the knowledge to work on everything are to busy or have others priorities. And in the past the developers are not growing they are getting less

So here is the motivation for all developers. We need you to keep maemo alive. And would be nice to see maemo on other hardware. I think that in the future more people will get disappointed about the mass products which are limiting, make life more painful and spying your social life and consuming behavior.
When this happens we need to be ready to have a more up to date maemo and more hardware to attract people who are looking for an alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

I will participate the cc. However due to my knowledge and available time I can't push maemo to a new level such as I would like to do.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: