View Single Post
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I hope so too. But, unless the dev team gets enlarged, I fear they never will get to present a polished experience. There is loads happening, really exciting stuff, but still the UI stutters. I showed my Mx4 to a programmer, busy learning to code for IOS. Swipe right, swipe right. "That is stuttering" was the spontaneous comment

Now, I could care less about that. But just about every review of UT from the first BQ phone to the 5 Pro has commented the same. Crap PR. Improvements of load times and paging between scopes are promised. I really hope so, and before the next generation of devices.
IIRC a major overhaul of animations and some UI elements (together perhaps with some rendering back end) is meant to occur soonish.

But yeah, the dev team is tiny, and a huge amount of their time is spent on getting everything working with the stuff added upstream in the full desktop distro.

Still, they're getting a lot done, and Canonical not devoting too many resources before they have a solid base is probably a good thing.

My main concern is with Scopes ... they've been harmful to the whole project, IMO. They should have pushed native app development and the SDK much harder.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post: