View Single Post
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by ldrn View Post
Ah, sorry... there's all sorts of things that can make it more complicated. Well, first, what format is your comic file in? A zip, rar, tar, tar.gz or tar.bz (bzipped and gzipped tar files) are archives that contain images (jpg, png, etc). Sometimes, cbz or cbr are used instead, but those are just zip files and rar files with a different extension so a comic reading program will open instead of an archive unpacking program. You can also just use a folder with a collection of images in it, but it's less convenient.

Once it's on the SD card (N810 or N900) you can open it by running Comix, tapping the "Comix" title part for the menu, and going "File" then "Open". Right now, with Comix, you probably start out in the /home/user directory your first time -- browse to the SD card by tapping the "Up" arrow in the top left until you no longer can, then go to "media" and "Memory card".

Once there, you should be able to select the comic file if it's one of those.

CBR Pager has the proper hildonized file open dialog, which should just have "N900" and "Memory Card" as options. Same basic directions, except no need to go to the "Media" folder -- and you probably start out at the fake 'root', too.

Thanks so much for the help, I managed to get it on my N900 with ease. Oh and the format for my comic's are pdf ( they're all on CD-rom and i guess are basically made to be used with adobe reader/ or in pdf format, though i'm not 100% sure... but it was beautiful on the pfd reader on my n900 but once i installed the cbrpager it said it was in an unknown format so would i need to save a copy and reformat it so i can read it in cbr or am i not missing much and should stick to pdf since,well it works already.. I still dnt know how to get it on my N810, but I'm starting tho think it because of my 32gb sd card.. every time i take it out and out it in my laptop it says its corrupt when i first install it and offers to scan it via avg. well needless to say it was an ebay buy so maybe that is why i cant get the comix to save to my sd card for my N810... but strangely enough i had the same issues when trying to save a movie to it, after trying for awhile "and basically giving up" i looked on the card and it was there (which was unplayable since it was in a divx format). Thanks for your help agian.