View Single Post
Can someone explain to me why Sailfish OS is better than Android (without GAPPS)? I have tried LineageOS and Sailfish on a Droid 4 and they both work fine.
SFOS is indeed different but tbh not that different. Not even sure if something totally deviating is possible on any modern phone with a capacitive screen. They all feel roughly the same to me.

Personally I would prefer a Debian install with a phone gui - still hoping to see something like that on the N900. I basically want my phone to behave as much as possible as my deskop.

The Xperia X seems to be a standard phone so the difference and appeal (at least for this community) should be the OS. The apps are not a selling point, Android and IOS are just too dominant so you can't expect Jolla to compete in that area.

The only reason for me to install it was curiosity and disliking Android with GAPPs and IOS. For me that seems to be the only 'valid' reason to start using SFOS.
Not trying to step on anyone’s toes though or being unappreciative for the work that is done to port SFOS or development done currently.
I love that there is more choice so kudos to Sony, just wondering what the 'selling point' is of SFOS.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post: