View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Well, Bugzilla sure as heck isn't suitable for ordinary users to report bugs with. It wasn't designed for that at all. It's great for people who know what they're doing but it's terrible for anyone else.

No matter how good the tutorials or walkthroughs are, most everyday users will never go to the trouble of using a site like Bugzilla.
I agree with this statement, but I'm not sure of the underlying implication.

Are you saying that you don't want ordinary users filing bugs? Or that a simpler system which enabled ordinary users would be useful?

I realise that bug-filing is a serious process: files need to be concise, accurate and above all informative. And I realise there's understandable anxiety about what sort of filing might happen if it were easier (God help us if bug-filing went the way of shipping threads!)

But I think involving ordinary users in the process might head off a lot of grumbling about bugs and fixes. And might introduce a whole lot more people to this element of Open Community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: