View Single Post
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by slai View Post

Q: Konttori, is it a "feature" of the N9's amoled screen that black text on white (for example web pages) cause "bleeding" of very slightly pink lines from the text? Or is this some kind of manufacturing (or very weird software) fault?
And the weird thing is that all text on screen doesn't cause this. It is like there is a invisible line, that when it intersects with black causes the bleeding. Here's a ms paint illustration
http://bayimg.com/FaKLLaadj

A: N9 has Pentile OLED screen. You have no idea how much time I've spent taking macro photos of the sub pixel rendering artefacts. We spent a lot of time working with the display manufacturers in making the best possible sub pixel rendering for pentile. Basically, on this PPI, you cannot get traditional RGB matrig, you need to get, pentile RGBG, where B and R are 2/3 of a pixel size. Every pixel has green element and either R or B. Green controls the luminosity for the most part to human eye. As R and B are big, human eye actually even sees those pixels, and that's what you see as red bleeding on left side of sharp lines and green bleeding on right sides. Oh, crap, now I looked at you photo. No, that should not be happening to my knowledge. I'll take a look tomorrow on your example case on both displays we are shipping with (we had plenty of versions of the displays during the making on N9, some times to the better, some times to the worse)
Anyone have any answers for this !? Just got my N9 this week, & i definitely see that pink "bleeding" in the background....