View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Alright folks, new version (1.1, not that the numbers really have any coherent significance atm) is pushed to github. hxka's pull request has been merged in, although at this point more in spirit than in form because I had made tweaks/changes all over the place both before doing the merge and during resolving the merge conflict, when I ended up reimplementing some stuff, for example for greater flexibility, like the command line argument parsing. Still, many thanks to hxka for the initial ideas/implementation. It was very useful.

Anyway, new command line options:
--help/-h (self explanatory)
--section/-s (lets you pick a custom section instead of 'metapackages')
--hard/-H (lets you specify a version number to make a versioned/hard fake, e.g. same package name and a specific version, to meet versioned-dependencies.)

The package name and version number checking is also much more robust now, and I think it strictly matches Debian package guidelines, instead of the prior "you got some invalid characters in the package name, but that's all the checking I'm doing" check from before. The downside is it won't print all the invalid characters out for you like the prior one did.

I will attempt to find the time to throw this in the extras-devel repos shortly. In the meantime, just grab the raw file from the github and it should work fine, as before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: