View Single Post
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Filip, I should have some free time in July. I think I'd start back where I finished - trying to boot the Nemo kernel under Debian. Or maybe the things have changed and it'd be better to sit down to something else?

It's distant future - about a month, but it's worth to plan a little.
Well, I've been in touch with Sebastian and he's working on N950 kernel and using Debian for testing. I've decided to wait for his patches to go into mainstream and add support for N9 where appropriate. At the moment not much is there, but it's being worked on. Also his approach to display is much better in the long run than mine (https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...h=n950-display) - he's using omapdrm but w/o PVR drivers. When these go in, I'll try to add support for N9 display and patch PVR kernel "shim driver" to use that one instead of omapfb. He's also being optimistic regarding charging support w/o bme - that one would be really good.

At this point your best bet would be using his n950-display branch to see if you can get anything displayed on N950. My dropbox contains fairly fresh patchset for mainline but that would be for N9 only (no n950 display support).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post: