View Single Post
Assuming whatever webkit build we are using still supports npapi, keeping support for adobe-flashplayer, tablet-browser-default-plugin and tablet-browser-mediaplayer-plugin. should be fairly simple.

Not entirely sure what libssoautologin is for so I can't comment if we need it or not.

microb-geolocation we definatly need as its what allows web pages to know your location (handy for things like transit company webpages that use your location as part of journey planning)

Keeping tutorial-home-applet, microb UI and rtcom-messaging-api working should just be a matter of writing code that drops in place of browser-eal/microb-eal/tablet-browser-daemon/etc (all the relavent pieces are FOSS so that shouldn't be a problem).

As for anything special microb engine has vs the matching mainline Mozilla/Gecko code, investigating what those changes are should still be done, there are almost certainly things there that we can easily support in webkit.

Me, my wish is to see a browser engine on maemo that can work with modern HTML5 websites microb can't currently render properly (www.trello.com is one microb fails on) but which integrates into the system just as much as current microb does.

Last edited by jonwil; 2014-11-04 at 11:14.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: