View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
"Hint: use Linux" - You know I'm no Linux boy and I'm not gonna grab a Linux machine for this (I don't have one either)...
Put libxau6 in SD? The external? But isn't it that mount-maemo-root.sh only mounts a part of /(root dir)? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm n00b on Linux...
If that script does mount the external SD then point out the path for me... Thx :P
I don't know or care if you're a "Linux boy" or not. Fact is /home is an ext3 partition so if you want to be able to mount it you either use Linux or find some driver/"app" that lets you do that on whatever OS you're using.

libxau6 should in the end go in /usr/lib, that's your rootfs partition. Since you're booting from an SD card and before that you cannot possibly access the internal memory of the N900, the most logical place to put the new libxau6 is somewhere on that card, and THEN once you've booted, copy it from the SD card to the /usr/lib directory of your N900 root partition (obviously, after you've mounted it).

Other than I have no other suggestion. You either do it or not. If you're not willing to do that ("no linux boy") then your only option is to do a complete reflash.. but beware, flashing may work better under Linux than Windows.