View Single Post
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@Fargus: You mean other phones don't need batteries?
The cost of ownership isn't just the price you pay to acquire the device, and to maintain it (battery, parts changes, accesories, etc) but you have to remember that you can also offset part of the cost when/if you decide to sell it off one day. On this point I think the iPhone wins, because they hold up their prices rather well.

As for '60p a day for a game': do they really buy one game per day?

I also think the general feedback is that iPhone games are lower priced than its competitors in the market (of same quality). IE: rhythm games cost $0.99 to $9.99 on iPhone while similar titles go for $20-30+ on Nintendo DS.
Lots of devices require batteries but few of this price require you to send it back to the manufacturer to replace it. Hence my interest on what will happen when the EU ruling of user replaceable batteries comes into force.

The comment wasn't regarding the price of the game, it was regarding the rollup that is often missed. I'm also not aware of a way to sell on an iPhone game (taking your point) but you can simply with a DS game (or play it on another console). The majority of costs on that platform are hardware but agree your point on cost.

The statement regarding attitude is based on some expensive and indepth commercial research undertaken on behalf of a client.

Last edited by Fargus; 2009-11-10 at 07:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post: