Thread: The PDF reader
View Single Post
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by crackhead View Post
I expect text reader apps to employ easy one handed operation, and the PDF Reader fails miserably in this regard.
One-handed operation is possible, and I'd even go so far as to say it's easy. It's just a bit long-winded.

If you're in full-screen mode and don't want to switch back so as to get access to the on-screen navigation bar, try this: press the menu button. Press the Down button once, to bring you to "Page". Press Right or the centre button (OK). If you're on the first page, press OK again, otherwise press Down and OK.

I make that five presses on three different keys to move one page forward. It's a bit excessive, I admit, but less annoying than having to toggle full screen on and off.

The thing that annoys me about the PDF Reader is the fact that zoom is in increments of 50%. You can have 150% or 200% but not 180% as in the browser. For most of the documents that I've tried to read, 150% means illegibly small text, 200% means horizontal scrolling.

There's something that puzzles me about Roger's article. I expect I'm missing something obvious but, if the book is available in html, why go to the trouble of converting it to another format, particularly PDF? On any platform, I'd rather read html; that's especially true on the Internet Tablet, where the browser is so much better than the PDF reader.

Art