View Single Post
Originally Posted by leiter View Post
The progam manager automatically updated truecrypt to the 7.1 gui version.
How can I get the old version without gui again?
disable extras-devel, which you shouldn't use (probably) anyway, if You don't know why it has been automatically upgraded.

Totally no offense - it's just like, that some things in -devel can be really troublesome for people without sufficient knowledge. Look at this real example - first of all, I've uploaded version maemo5, which was containing major dependency flaw, allowing it to create encrypted partition, but without any chance to mount them. version maemo6 addressing this issue was uploaded in few minutes, but if, by any chance, You would follow HAM update notification in such short interval, and went to mess with TrueCrypt immediately, You would end up encrypting - let's say - /home/user, without chance to mount it. Would You be able to fix it on Your own?

Things in -devel *aren't* guaranteed to work at all, even despite fact, that developers do what they can to ensure proper working and no screwed system. The fact, that majority of users have -devel enabled by default, isn't good thing - and fact that it's mainly X-Fade fault (some major packages, like kernel-power can be installed properly *only* from -devel), isn't changing it.

@marmistrz
Yes, it is optified. I would explicitly state it, in other case. And don't worry about thanks - You'll do it, after fixing Your account
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: