View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
Also take into account the Android people already have the chance to buy the Moto Z mod or a Droid 4.
A new Android device will vanish within the masses, people do not trust a new brand as much as established ones.
I personally would not buy it.

I want to trust my daily OS, don't want to be forced to Googles services, want to use the command line and maybe even to use X11-Forwarding to administer our companys pcs and severs from abroad. I want to be able to compile Linux software, maybe even start an x86 virtual machine.

In case the phone ships only with Android,
I will wait till other options seem to be reliable.
If it ships with Sailfish or Maemo/Meego/Debian+Phone stuff...
I will probably buy it right away.
Don't forget I'm not a millionaire. To get the physical device out is already very difficult and I put a lot of front investment.

I cannot afford developing another OS other than I can use quite easily. And I also need to consider how many I can sell to maintain future development.

You either get a device with some unique functions, or talk about a complete unique product on every aspect that never come out.

And I said a lot times no one has forced you to use Android - I'm more concerned how to make developers easy to port other OSes.

And I don't agree with your opinion for Moto Z and Droid 4. Moto Z + Mod is very thick and Droid 4 is stuck on Android 4.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: