View Single Post
ok so I gave xprint a go.. as I think I mentioned, it turns out to be a piece of the whole xserver source code (I'm looking at the standard Debian xorg version), and initial build tests indicate that it won't necessarily be trivial to build, due to dependencies of software not in Maemo. Presumably the right path would be to start with the xserver-xomap source instead, I guess it's located somewhere.

Meanwhile, it looks like the xserver would need to be built with an xprint extension option, but I will have to learn a bit more about this whole thing before I go any further.

In any case, with respect to the feature request mentioned by GA and others, what I guess we should as for from Nokia is the kind of xprt/xprint-supported xserver that we get on any other Debian system (I haven't yet looked at the bugzilla link provided earlier). As far as the actual printing server support is concerned we're not dependent on Nokia, as mentioned in my earlier posting these are pretty much trivial (doesn't need integration into Nokia parts, for example).