View Single Post
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I think you made some errors when you pre-ordered:
- Jolla is not a N9 and was never intended to become a N9 with some updates
- Jolla is not Nokia
- Yes to have limited ressources means that Jolla is restricted. They have to make choices, to prioritize. Not sure how it cannot be the case?

At the end, Jolla became my main phone around March and never stopped to please me since then. I had never suffered from any nasty bugs so far : I was not expecting the phone to be working that well actually. That is why at first, I kept my N9 and waited a while before switching.
Oh for sure, I would love to have some additional features (DLNA for instance, though it seems Jolla is working on something currently), some fine-tuning here & there, some bugs to be fixed (like the browser misplaced click... or some connection problem but actually now quite rare) but I am as well so happy to see some aspects of the OS and of the community.

It is quite sad to see enthusiast people quite desperate about their Jolla phone because they were just expecting too much... (not sure what actually)
I was not expecting too much, just a phone that worked. I did not expect an N9 progression but expected to see aspects of the N9 MeeGo version working in Jolla i.e. the Social feeds screen, proper scrolling in screens, Turn by turn sat nav and a music player that works. Also a video recorder with acceptable sound would be good.

Jolla needs customers and needs to be a credible alternative rather than a hobbyist phone. I boarded early and knew there would be a bumpy ride, those bumps are continuing and i see no support from any partners for the Sailfish OS. I expected a lot more of that even without Jolla promises.

I have yet to see anyone else in the Uk with a Jolla or find a new user that is not completely baffled by the interface. It does make it a hard sell. I do however see people leaving the Jolla ship and very little contact from the company to the customers.

I do hope things change and will be keeping hold of my Jolla with the hope that it can become the smart phone I was sold.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post: