View Single Post
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I know this is the wrong thread....but i really dont understand why people like windows mobile and the htc hd2. Other than the large screen size i really dont understand what windows mobile has to offer?
So whatmare the adfantages of win mobile over maemo?
/off topic

It's the customization and shells you can get for it. Like mobile shell and touchflo. With 4-7% market share and small community it was still pretty active one.
When it comes to HD2 that device is really fast, good hardware(apart of the camera) and great support example for videos.

I was a Symbian guy when it was Symbian vs WM and always been looking to be able to make the device your own. WM was better at this, but then just as important was that the UI follows same guidelines everywhere and a feel that it's tied to the the hardware somehow.
WM felt like a PDA UI that was slapped to a different hardwares.

Maemo to me got so much of the basics just like i want. It's PC like, but it's all tied nicely to it's own like UI and community driven. That of course doesn't means that example Nokia here should get it easy. It should support the OS just as much as if it would not be community driven.

Thought i buy 1-2 phones every year so to me that the HW continues to live isn't that important, but apps need to be carried over.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-03-16 at 14:50.