View Single Post
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Results Update:

Over 200 Community members have chosen their favorite options and it would appear the community wants:

An N900 sucessor with a keyboard, more than 1 GB of memory, with an OMAP 5 processor, capacitive touch, 720p screen, a 4" screen or lower (720p screen meant smaller screen-size read first post), an HDMI out port, an FM transmitter, and a removeable battery.

Those seem to be the major "wants", I was hoping for a stylus but oh well. I hope this info can get passed along to the "jolla people".

BTW keep voting it will be interesting to see if anything changes the more people vote.

END: Results Update:

I am so excited to hear Jolla will resume the development for what I believe is the best portable PC/ Internet device/ Smartphone (Note the Order). Whatever they do I am sure it will be fantastic and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

However (there is always a but), Please allow me as a "fan" to offer up my hardware suggestions and other fans may want to do so as well. Hopefully there will only be one Jolla hardware wish list thread..

I would like:

An N900 successor
strong Meego Core but open to community software
OMAP5 Processor
lmore memory than 1GB (will that make a diff?)
physical keyboard
stylus capable
high res screen (720p or greater depending on cost)

I would be willing to pay more for my "Dream Device" The suggested retail for the n900 when I bought it was $599, I would go $899 for the next N900.

BTW: I know this isn't hardware related and someone will correct me if I am wrong, but don't we want the software to be deb based instead of rm? Will there be a backward compatibity/port issue?

Update: For those who want to vote screen size I think of 720p as the smaller screen 3.5" etc., and 1080p as the larger 4+ inch screens. Hope this helps in picking big screen over smaller.

Update 2:
I'm not sure why all this "HATING" is going on. This thread was simply trying to see what Jolla's potential customers would like see in their new device, thats all. This is a stand alone thread and has nothing to do with the other Jolla talk. Can't the community express what it would like to see in a new device?

Last edited by lorul2; 2012-07-17 at 23:49. Reason: Results 200 votes

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post: