View Single Post
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Wow...I am SO happy. I've been waiting ever since I bought the 770 to have a REAL SIP client. I could choke everyone who kept saying 'VOIP' when in fact it was only Google talk. So there was the Gizmo project. But in my opinion it still wasn't really VOIP.

So, now I have an N800. I got skype, but to me the same thing applied. I googled endlessly for SIP and N800 to no avail. And by chance I saw this tonight!

After a quick install, a reboot and its running. Breathlessly I type in my log in to my asterisk box. Then I wait to see the little dot go red showing a connection. It does. Then I head for the dial plan, tap in the digits and press call.....

And wow...omg...my cell phone is ringing!! It works!! I have a real SIP client now! I cannot express how happy I am about this! Thank you to all the developers and whoever helped make this happen. I am SO looking foward to this in the next release. And if there's anything I can do to help please PM me or post here.

For those wondering I'm connecting to a asterisk box I built myself running asterisk 1.4 and piping out through a SIP trunk to the PSTN