View Single Post
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
This is really only true for unencrypted communications. Of course in most cases you still let onlookers know about which websites you're connecting to, which is usually enough to get an idea of what you could be doing. Still, these problems can be solved using things like I2P, Tor or Freenet. If you run the latter in its 'dark mode'*, anyone overseeing your communications can't even see you're doing anything.

* It's high time software developers stop calling the most useful parts of their software shady names. Why does it have to be dark? I'm not doing any shady business, I just don't want everyone to know about it.
Tor is only secure as long as its entry/exit -nodes haven't been compromised/aren't run by GOV-agencies.

And btw, these tools won't stop anyone from spying from you on the hardware-level. If the data your spied on before it's encrypted the encryption is of no use.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post: