View Single Post
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Hello there sailors, I'm new here and have my sx up and running, playing with settings and installing my fav sfos apps etc, I found a feature that's maybe not mentioned before , although I did not read all in this topic.
When u go to settings ->About product and keep tapping on the build nr ( 2.1.3.7) u get acces to the CSD Tool with different kind of options!

Hopefully its of use to some of the sailors here!

Greetz from NL
Thank you for this little tip! I dropped my Sailfish X for the first time. I have a case on it and it landed perfectly flat on a ceramic tile floor with the case down and the screen facing up.

I figured that was the best possible phone drop I have ever executed - no screen scratches, no dents. The phone is still shiny and clean.

Well the next day I went to take a photo and the camera doesn't work. The front-facing camera works, but I certainly didn't want a picture of my own face.

Then a couple of days later I went to use the flashlight and noticed that doesn't work anymore either.

I reset to factory defaults and tried again. Same results. Then I saw this CSD toolset. Well, it didn't fix my problem, but I was able to confirm that the camera and the LED flash no longer operate with a test that rules out faulty software. Thank you!

And yes, the next thing I did was open my phone and detach the camera ribbon cable from the motherboard and then reattach. That didn't resolve my situation.

I will have to buy another phone and at least now I have a spare everything for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RasLikesN9 For This Useful Post: