View Single Post
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
It was also made a rule that there would be a code freeze on projects until after competition voting. I propose we lift this restriction on those projects not involved with the “Other” thread to allow these developers to continue releasing updates.
I am in the "others" category. And you said in a private message during the competition that I can push when the polls are closed. So I have pushed a major updates to my program since the polls closed. I am aware that if we need to make a new poll this will be very unfair if any of us have pushed updates. I have the competition version deb still on my machine so I am willing to push it to somewhere. But pushing it to extras-devel is not acceptable as all my users would suddenly get a update that would take them back to the stone ages I hope removing new account votes works as the second option would be messy for everyone.

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
So, remove the votes from accounts that were created after the competition started. This might very well remove votes from people that actually did compare the applications, but that's always a risk when votes are to be recounted, no matter what method is used.
I agree here. It's not 100% right way and will get rid of some real N900 users that just stopped by and voted. But at the same time maybe the only smart and doable solution.