View Single Post
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Oh boy you have damaged CMT hardware or software. In your case it's software because only CMT-mcusw fails, the other CMT parts ARE flashed, actually a good sign.
Basically if you flash new RPL file specifically for your phone it might be fixed. Unfortunately, we can't get these files from Nokia anymore. We wouldn't anyway because they were only sold to repair-shop owners / Nokia Service Centers. So that option is striked.
For users that have a working N9, there are tools out there that can backup RPL. Google RPL + BB5.
Addition from what I read; It seems that you can create RPL from PM backup. Making a PM backup and then make RPL from it and write RPL might fix it too.

The thing is we need to flash CMT of 003 variant. But we are running a bit out of options, unfortunately.

But there things you can try, what happens if you upgrade everything to 003?

Else we must resort to more experimental methods and that's a long time ago for me. In the symbian days we could use JAF over USB to flash almost everything. Now we need sort of the same thing, to force flash the right CMT.

The options are listed below, again no guarantees.

I would start to examine JAF, you probably need windows XP for this, 7 may work too but I am not sure of win10. You might one to tick dead-phone/usb mode.

Maybe Cyclone Box software can be hacked to work over USB too.Or maybe it works out of the box over USB. I don't know.

Otherwise BB5 service tool by Infinity Team might help you.

Really these are experimental waters, to see if we can revive it.
As last option would be to optain a flash-box, but then no guarantees that that will work.

EDIT: I'm trying to examine the errors from your logs. Then I found this: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7433. Some suggest to try different PC / OS. Might help.
Suggestion 2:
Also try with --no-preserve
Suggestion 3: Check if firmware files are not corrupt.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2017-08-09 at 10:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: