View Single Post
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Middle East
Amazing!

Amazing indeed is your willingness to help guys. Thank you very much. I now regret not participating in the forum as much as I could.

@JonWW
I already know that osso_notes doesn't accept any switches, but you beat me to mentioning it. It doesn't care about the file you want to open using cli commands; it always opens the last opened file. I have yet to try your second post.

@ m750
Sounds really interesting. Unfortunately, I tried it yesterday but it didn't work. I'll have to repeat the process again carefully to roll out mistakes on my part. By the way, is this procedure dependent on the presence/installation of specific apps (like d-sub switchboard - if I remember the name correctly)?

To all
Many thanks guys for all your support. Unfortunately I have a deadline at work this Saturday, and my teammates are running late. So most likely I won't have the time to test your suggestions for a few days. But I sincerely thank you. I'll try all that you've mentioned (especially deskypplet, which sounds really interesting), and report back.