View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
I downloaded the zip you provided in the first post on 17th or 18th and created the SD card on 18th.
I think the problem lies deeper since at least to my understanding /dev/input/by-id/ should be present regardless of xorg.conf. It should be there once xserver-xorg-input-evdev is installed.
The zip is automatically generated with the contents of the master branch so it sounds like your copy contains Niko2040's patch. I changed the value of EmulateThirdButtonTimeout to "750" and it's working much better now. I will update the script to make this configurable in the conf file and I'll set a more sensible default.

In Easy Debian I copy the whole /usr/share/X11/xkb directory from Maemo to the image (and then set xkb-data on hold). This is the only way I've found so far to make sure the keymap is correct. I tried different things with setxkbmap (the N900 keymap is in Debian) but can't make it work correctly. According to diff both directories are identical.
I'll try if that works for DebiaN900 too.
These are the XKB patches that are downloaded and applied to /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51. If you want to restore the original file just run apt-get --reinstall install xkb-data.

Afaik one can't create symlinks in /sys.
Yes, this seems to be the case.

I guess in the long run there's no way around systemd in Debian because sysvinit compatibility just won't be maintained actively anymore and I don't believe that any of the recent attemts (new GRs) will really change that.
There's been a lot of FUD spread about the latest GR. I'm quite optimistic about the situation. Most of the opposing responses are concerned that the proposal has come so close to the Jessie freeze rather than opposing it all together. As I understand it, the GR is not about changing Debian policy but rather about enforcing it due to some misunderstandings. Debian calls itself "The Universal Operating System" and the Social Contract states "We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free software community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We will support the needs of our users for operation in many different kinds of computing environments." so I don't really see anything changing. Should it change and should systemd become the only supported init system, it's bye bye Debian for me but I very much doubt that it will come to that.

I think I know why the battery monitor doesn't work.
For comparison my netbook:
Code:
$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/uevent 
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=BAT0
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Discharging
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
POWER_SUPPLY_CYCLE_COUNT=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=8400000
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=7500000
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=1192000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=6580000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=4194000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW=3337000
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=79
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY_LEVEL=Normal
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=901
POWER_SUPPLY_MANUFACTURER=ASUS
POWER_SUPPLY_SERIAL_NUMBER=
Notice the key POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW which is used to determine the current charge of the battery:
Code:
$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/charge_now 
On the N900 (on battery) I get this:
Code:
$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/uevent 
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=bq27200-0
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Discharging
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4012000
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=307912
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY_LEVEL=Normal
POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=311
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=2056320
POWER_SUPPLY_CYCLE_COUNT=22
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_AVG=315818
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW is missing so the battery monitor has no way to determine the current charge of the battery:
Code:
$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/charge_now
cat: /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/charge_now: Keine Daten verfügbar
("No data available")
If that's what's causing it, I think we're looking at a driver patch to fix it.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2015-03-23 at 20:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: