View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I'd rather want Jim Jagielski to make a public statement about his motivation to be a HiFo board member. If he really wants to, I didn't see a confirmation so far. And that should happen before the council meeting, so the community/council members to have time to make up their minds. I would also like to have more rationale from SD69, beyond "He is new to maemo, but he should be able to provide valuable organizational insight and assistance as the Foundation struggles to get on its feet" vaporware.

IIRC HiFo's major goal was to "officially" present the community, so Nokia to have a legal entity to which to transfer the Maemo assets. I wonder what has changed and why. And how will help an outsider who has(IMO) NFC about Maemo with achieving that goal in the remaining several weeks(or even less) before Nemein shuts down the servers.

Don't get me wrong, the only thing I have "against" that guy is the lack of any information. And I don't think a wikipedia "CV" page is the way he should be presented to the community. Nothing more, nothing less.

On the other hand we are in very critical period, so I think the best for Maemo and the community is to postpone all the political stuff after the migration to community driven infra is complete (or at least secured).

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: