View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
The cost estimate page doesn't state whether the estimate includes a modem or not. I assume it includes a PLS8 (LTE) modem and that the different PLS8 models are similarly priced. Can we have some clarification on this please?
Yes, the estmation is based on PLS8-E. PHS8 is probably a 20 or 30 bucks cheaper, while I'd expect all PLS8 variants to be same price (Note that Gemalto recently came up with the PLS8-X variant which is PLS8-US + one band). For PXS8 we didn't even find a supplier yet and thus no price tag either, though we plan to get the bulk of modems from a supplier closer to "the source" and thus prices and availability should change a bit anyway.

For the monthly payments: I haven't looked into how that would get handled by our shop. For me personally it means more overhead to review and assign the payments (manual process), for you it means additional (bank/PP) fees for multiple payments.

Since it seems it's somewhat unclear: we ask for DOWN PAYMENT now, which is a 350EUR for the NeoN board and a 480EUR for complete device, and we will source critical components with unclear future availability and/or long lead time / shipping time from that. Particularly for the complete Neo900 down payment we will source complete refurbished N900 right now, and it's pretty unclear if we could source more of them later on within a few days for late orders that come in when production starts or even for a second batch.

@endsormeans: 1/2 a year maybe. Sourcing of N900 alone takes maybe 3 months or more.
sidenote update: a 500 PoP chips should arrive by Monday. They sit in fedex center 15km from destination. Total sourcing time for those been almost a year, incl all investigations etc.

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-05-10 at 16:27.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: