View Single Post
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...

Maybe, try out Nemo or Sailfish OS on N9? I am no sure about usability of either, but Sailfish has the advantage of being able to run Android apps on it?

Dual-boot, if possible, since you are already invested in MeeGo-Harmattan on it. :-)

Best wishes.
Well I would prefer if Jolla would bring a fully featured and fully working Sailfish OS for the N9 - would pay for that - who else ;-)

As I red in the forums the port doesn't work perfect (camera, calls, ...) so it's not really an option - double boot sucks - and Android is not really a choice - I definitely want to stay away from Google as far a possible ;-)

There are so many N9's still in daily use - can't be that hard for the people who originally made the Meego for the N9 ;-) - If the Jolla would be sized as the N9 - I would give it a try but I really don't want a device bigger than a BB Z10 (and thats already feels a bit to big for my needs)

So I'll keep my N9 - it's far away from perfect but even closer to my needs than any Android phablet or Apple-jail ;-) - and let's see if it could compete with my z10 or Lumia 620 in the next months - since one week it replaces the Lumia - let's see what will happen when it comes to daily needs as railway schedules, news reading, messaging
and navigation - btw. is there a working OSM client - cloudGPS seems to be broken :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: