View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Eh?

MartinK helpfully provided, in the very post you quoted, a link to the OpenRepos modRana page where you could have checked it yourself!

If you are asking about the Maemo incarnation, well, it seems to have been abandoned The last update was on 10-Oct-2015 (again easily checkable).
I think this may actually be legitimate confusion about version numbers. The version 0.52.3 that handaxe asks about is mentioned in a post from last month, but doesn't appear in openrepos list of rpms or in the changelog there. I suspect it's just a typo in MartinK's post -- and that v. 0.53.3 was meant -- rather than a version that appeared and slipped away some time in the past year.

Whatever the version, though, I'm always happy to see this app get updates, and I'm eager to try out the local OSM scout server option sometime soon(TM). Looks to be easier to manage local maps than in the N900 version of modrana -- I'm never quite sure I'm downloading what I need there. (Wish Scout Server had US units in addition to Metric and Imperial, but what's a fractional mm in a mile between friends, I guess. I'm not surveying, here.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: