View Single Post
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
there's a new version in the autobuilder. It has some new, albeit crude features. You can now disable or enable comics from the configuration menu. The dialog will have to change when I add more comics, but the functionality is there for testing.
The other new thing is you can now change the size of the widget. There's currently no gui method for resizing, but it's really easy to do from command line. Here's how:
launch xterm
assuming you haven't hacked it to death, you emerg:e in /home/user/
from there type:
Code:
echo "600,320" > .comic-widget/size.cfg
then remove the widget from the desktop, and add it again. It should now be 600x320px instead of the default 480x230

don't put anything other than width,height in the size.cfg or the widget will (perhaps) not work.

max width is 798px and min width is 400px
max height is 420px and min height is 200px.
values outside these will automagically be read as the nearest extreme.

I still haven't fixed the disappearing widget bug, but I have managed to introduce a new one: Cyanide and Happiness occasional alpha channel makes some strips unreadable. There are probably heaps of bugs lurking under there, so let me know if you find any.

Once I get the comic picker dialog changed to acommodate more comics, I will be adding more comics. wulffmorgenthaler next
the latest version is 0.3.3-1 btw.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post: