View Single Post
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Thanks, really appreciate your comments. I'll take a look at the new BB and see how it looks. Never thought i'd take BB seriously as an OS...

I had really hoped that android would evolve into a more "complete" OS over time, but i guess that hasn't really been a design goal for Google.
I was never really a fan of the old BB devices, except for their email capabilities. I like that the new devices have good multitasking and what to me are really intuitive gestures. They are also the only OS manufacturer that I trust to really take enterprise usage seriously. That has been one of the few areas that Maemo really fell down in, and iOS and Android are not much better.

I also feel that iOS and Android are already pretty limited by what they have already done. I think both will have trouble evolving into what N900 users would think of as a real multitasking OS, just because of all the legacy apps that have been built to explicitly ignore this kind of functionality.

BB10 and Sailfish seem like the best option we have at the moment, an OS built from the ground up to support multitasking, but with support for running Android apps, so you can fall back on that for any needed functionality until someone develops a native app.

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post: