View Single Post
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ DFW, Texas
Kudos tetris11_ for all the work there provided! This is the kind of reason why n900 still beats any phone out there imho.

Here are my specs: I'm running
- latest stable kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power49)
- photostream: 0.9.3
- fcam drivers installed

N900 is overclocked at 1,150Mhz stable (always). Never had an issue in terms of crashes/random reboots whatsoever. That was until I attempted to work with photostream and in general use back or front camera for streaming.

When attempting to stream through photostream for VLC, n900 seems to hang (possibly due to inproper voltage) and restart on its own complaining that OC has failed and that it loaded the default settings.

So, after playing around a bit with different kernel-power profiles, I am stable with lv on 1000Mhz constant frequency (kernel-config limits 1000 1000). I'm able to stream through the back camera just fine, however, I do seem to have a greenish tint.

Anyone figure out what the cause might be? I've only managed to get a "proper" ungreenish tint stream twice and I can't seem to reproduce it for some odd reason. No matter what resolution I go with, or if I entirelly leave out kernel-power / OCing on n900, it still only comes out with a somewhat greenish tint. I have attempted to remove fcam drivers for testing purposes also to see if that was the cause, but unfortunately that didn't fix the greenish tint either.

I'd be grateful for any hints on getting that greenish tint removed.

Note: I've rebooted n900 several times to assure there wasn't an issue caused right after a failed oced n900 too