View Single Post
Originally Posted by GuSec View Post
I've tried for hours now. It is impossible to get it to autostart. Seriously what should I do?
Code:
description "Startup script for n9-button-monitor"

# Author e-mail address, mandatory
author "elliot.wolk@gmail.com"

start on filesystem or runlevel [2345]
stop on runlevel [!2345]

#none: stdout to /dev/null
#output: direct stdout to console
console output

#if application exits, restart max 3 times within 300 secs
respawn
#respawn limit 3 300

exec /usr/bin/aegis-exec -s -u user sh -c 'source /etc/profile; PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin; develsh -c n9-button-monitor'
#exec sh -c 'source /etc/profile; PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin; develsh -c n9-button-monitor'
#exec /usr/bin/aegis-exec -s -u user sh -c 'DISPLAY=:0 n9-button-monitor'
How can I debug it?

Now I can't start it at all from terminal. Can't get necessary permissions from develsh. How is this possible? Is aegis having fun giving permissions one day and blocking them the next?
sucks. i also had tons of trouble getting my autostart script to work, and that was on openmode.

my current hypothesis for your problem is that its running at startup with incorrect permissions, and then somehow mucking you up.

1) try starting and stopping them manually, instead of restarting. {if you change the /etc/init file, start/stop pick up on the changes instantly.}
/sbin/stop n9-button-monitor
/sbin/start n9-button-monitor

2) try putting the n9-button-monitor.conf in /etc/init instead of /etc/init/apps; /etc/init/apps scripts have restrictions on what they can and cant say about starting and stopping, and setting nice values, etc.

3) try variations on the exec like youve been doing. use full paths to executables, and try the simpler stuff first.
e.g.:
exec /usr/bin/n9-button-monitor
exec /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/n9-button-monitor

4) verify no other instances are running, with pidof n9-button-monitor {killall -9 n9-button-monitor}. make PIDs show up after starting the job, and make sure stop says its really stopping the job, instead of it wasnt running at all.

here is a script that should work for you {only in /etc/init, not in /etc/init/apps}

/etc/init/n9-button-monitor.conf
Code:
description "Startup script for n9-button-monitor"
author "elliot.wolk@gmail.com"

start on DESKTOP_VISIBLE
stop on core_shutdown

console none
respawn

exec /bin/develsh -c 'source /etc/profile; /usr/bin/n9-button-monitor'
note that i need /usr/local/bin on my path ONLY because i use the cmd() action in my config, for execs that i stuck in /usr/local/bin.
e.g.: i pause my music like this
action=cmd(udo klomp-cmd pause),volumeUp,singleClick,screenLocked

source /etc/profile is necessary to get the dbus session.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post: