View Single Post
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Hi,

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Ok, I've read the thread and this part troubles me on several levels.

1) maemo.org resources being diverted to MeeGo
I made the request to have part of my time allocated to MeeGo - we're in the very important bootstrap period of that project, and I want to make sure that the project provides all the hooks required for a vibrant community, that means fighting excessive bureaucracy, getting processes and licensing right, identifying points where communication is insufficient and Linux Foundation, Intel or Nokia people are not providing sufficient information to allow people to see what is and is not being done, etc.

Basically, it's vitally important that we establish a culture where people don't feel that they have to ask for permission to do stuff that's useful to the project, and I am spending a lot of time trying to help make that happen. So I wanted to know if Tero was OK with me billing part of that time, in the context of my agreement with Nokia.

2) Nokia personnel aren't supposed to decide how maemo.org staff are used
I hope I have explained above the context - Tero is the project manager who signs off on my invoices, and it is reasonable that I ask him whether he is OK with me billing certain things (which I think are vitally important to the Maemo community).

Also, if I may say so, I haven't been getting much of an agenda set by the Maemo community in recent months, so it's also reasonable that I ask people (including people who work for Nokia, the council, etc) what I should be working on. See http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...il/004205.html for an example.

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post: