View Single Post
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Stenny,

What exactly are you so mad about? The fact that... the community is building a community SSU? Are you offended we didn't ask you personally for help?

You do realise that this is something that has been in the works for a very, very long time. I'm not saying we've been working our asses off every second of it, but I honestly believe we've been doing things when we could, as we could.

MWKN is hardly a website that nobody's ever heard of. It is most probably the single most concise source of general information regarding Maemo (and starting to take MeeGo hints as well). Upon every issue, a sticky thread that announces is posted. I started that stickyfying tradition (when I was a moderator), and I'm happy to see it continued, even after having left TMO quite some time ago.

If you had taken the time to search *a tiny bit*, you would've found that there is quite a bit of information available.

Googling "maemo SSU" yields one link to the Community SSU Notes, another to MWKN, a link to the maemo-developers ML discussing the community SSU and information regarding the #maemo-ssu IRC channel.

Googling "maemo community ssu" yields even more interesting results.

In other words: do not blame people trying to make a difference because you're not involved. Get involved.

Originally Posted by stenny View Post
I think it's necessary but undesirable. It's basically giving Nokia carte blanche to bugger off.
Well, tough. In my case, I don't expect anything from Nokia anymore. From what I can tell, they've basically started EOL processes with regards to Maemo, and unless MeeGo steps up, the N900 is SOL.

the .deb package format has tons of "features" to address this sort of thing -- dpkg-divert, update-alternatives, etc. It is probably worth using them.
We've never said we were experts regarding the Deb package format. I'm sure everyone would be happy to be pointed in the right direction.

If that's your idea of open, you've got the wrong end of the stick.
If you think that's the way to talk to anyone, let alone a community member, let alone one of the most respected members of this community, then you're definitely not worth the time I invested in this post. Nor anyone else's time, for that matter.

Edit: Sorry to the mods for posting where I'm not supposed to. Rather than deleting, would it be possible to split the latest page or so that has diverted onto Community SSU trollfest into its own thread?

Last edited by CrashandDie; 2011-01-05 at 15:26.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post: