View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
oh well i believe i've been angry a bit especially i saw what ed_boner posted right after a new explosion near my house
Understandable.

Originally Posted by karam View Post
well here you messed up a bit
even older version of batterypatch didn't inject
it's speedpatch that does so
My comment wasn't as much about injection as it was about using 125Mhz (which was the context of the previous quote). BP was the only tool enabling/using 125Mhz, to my knowledge, since the early Titan kernels. Since he was seeing that frequency in use, it clearly indicated that part of BP remained on his system.

As for the test portion, I understand what you meant. But I don't think the onus should fall on the Kernel folks to develop a test to determine if your patches cleaned themselves up. If anything, that should be a goal you strive to meet as a project owner. As far at they are concerned, their test right now is "do/did you have BP/SP installed", and if so they're directed here to do a proper clean-up before further help is applied on their thread. To be fair, that attitude has developed because after removal most users haven't had to return to the KP thread for help, as the issue was resolved by removal. (There have been exceptions, and at least one actual kernel issue found because of side-effects, but they were in fact a tiny fraction of the cases.)